Hi Roger, how nice to have you here! Tell us a little about your background.
– I’m an engineer at heart. Started my career at IBM and giant laser printers – who could spray notices and invoices at a furious pace! There were a lot of mainframes at that time. I believe that IBM is a good school, Roger continues. I received lots of in-house training in sales, leadership and of course technology. Combined with assignments abroad.
– What I was passionate about even then was what can be called customer support. To translate the technology into the customer’s language. And when I say customer, of course it was not private customers but we all had large global corporate players as customers.
Roger, I want to ask you what you call your industry?
– I have worked in many industries; healthcare, retail, municipalities and county councils, IT sourcing companies. Almost all industries. There is little difference between these, says Roger. The challenge is the same. From my perspective – Control of the information that the company owns. Information is valuable, in short it is gold. Unfortunately, it gets lost in many contexts. Companies and organizations value it too low.
– Customer support as before then and how to manage and structure Data and IT – that’s the gold mine. There are too few educations here in my opinion, no professorships. That’s a shortcoming.
Data and IT services, it’s interesting, what do you say about that?
– It’s already happening. The fact that there is no difference between business and IT. In short, it is impossible to distinguish. It can no longer be said that IT supports the business. IT is business, business is IT. If you want a phrase – that’s true.
Digitization, is also interesting. What do you say?
– It is a question of survival, in short. If you do not, you will soon be away from the market. And then it’s not like setting up a website. Without it, finding new business models, Roger says emphatically.
Now you are a consultant at Anchor Management Consulting – Why are you a good consultant?
– I have no need to stand in the middle. I like to bring out other people, create job satisfaction and energy.
– For me, a good start to a project is that we have identified “the biggest pains” both with the management and on the floor. My job is to put it together into one answer.
Roger, finally, it’s burning at home! What do you not leave behind?
– I take my beloved with me and then everything we can carry to the sailboat. By the way, the sailboat is located on Gålö. This is our project, my wife and I. A 44 foot X-yachts 442. We will sail far with it, one day.